Private Night Safari and Astronomy with Overnight for 9 guests
4.62(5 Reviews) Platinum Heritage, Save
Duration: 15 hours
- Private night desert drive in a legendary vintage Land Rover
- Walk through the dunes with UV arachnid lights on a hunt for scorpions and other desert nightlife
- Dinner at an exclusive camp inside the desert retreat of the local Royal family
- Stargaze with a professional Astronomer
- Stay overnight in a traditional Arabic stone dwelling room. You will be provided with all the amenities like a comfortable bed, pillows, sheets and a peaceful night's sleep. Awake to a gourmet breakfast.
What you'll do
The best way to learn about the Arabian night sky is by venturing into the desert on a private night safari, followed by an immersive astronomy session. Explore the desert after dark in a 1950s Land Rover, followed by a nocturnal eco-walk. All while your experienced Conservation Guide tells you more about the desert nightlife. Relax in a peaceful oasis on Royal Desert Grounds, smoke flavourful shisha and savour a delicious three-course dinner featuring Emirati dishes. The evening ends perfectly when a professional astronomer takes you on a journey through the galaxies and tells tales about the starry sky and how the Bedouin used it to find their way. After dinner, relax beside a bonfire and enjoy the star filled night sky. Your camp site is inside a traditional Arabic stone dwelling complete with bedding. In the morning, awake to the smell of freshly brewed coffee, and a freshly cooked breakfast of hand-cut smoked salmon, caviar, Eggs Benedict, fruit platter and so much more.
• Pick up from Dubai, Sharjah, or Ajman between 5:30 PM and 6:30 PM. A confirmation with a precise pickup time will be sent to your email or phone latest 15:00h on the day of the excursion. If we were not able to reach you, we kindly ask you to contact us. • Vegetarian/kids meal/Kosher style meals are available upon request on booking. • As our safari drives do not do dune bashing, pregnant ladies can join our safari till the second trimester. • In case of changes to timings or otherwise, we can reach out to the hotel and to guests directly if their working contact number is provided. • We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance that will cover you in case of unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from joining your scheduled tour.We will be more than happy to provide evidence to your insurance company if you were unable to join us. • Children seats are available. • Our guests’ health and safety are of utmost importance to us; therefore, we strictly follow guidelines set by the UAE government.
Things to know
• Hotel pick-up from Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman in a private air-conditioned vehicle. • As it is warm in the Dubai desert, we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream and comfortable cool clothes. During winter (December- February) we recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset. • Dinner includes salad, main course and dessert. We also provide vegetarian and vegan meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated. • We do not serve alcohol nor permit guests to bring them on tour to stay true to local traditions and showcase the authenticity, warmth and hospitality of this region. • Shared bathrooms facilities are available in the desert and at the camp and are shared. Shared bathroom for the overnight accommodation available. • Our camps are solar powered, you will be provided with a torch as the light will be switch off at night. • Your Desert Safari is conducted by highly trained Conservation guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai. • A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai. • The following languages are on request and subject to availability (French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish, Russian).
Get picked up in a private air-conditioned vehicle from Dubai between 05:00 PM and 06:30 PM, depending on the season. We will inform you of the exact pick-up time on the afternoon of your desert safari.